Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Squirrel Play-doh!

I thought it was time for a little humor during this early part of the week, so allow me to introduce to you 3 things you would think are not related, but combined gave birth to the idea of "Squirrel Play-doh"


On a roadtrip a couple months ago, Casey was chewing some gum and it had gotten to the point where the flavor was gone and he longer wanted to reside inside his mouth.  Since gum is not great for your digestive system, one would think he would have placed the chewed gum back inside the wrapper it came in or a trashbag of some sorts to dispose of it.  Casey does neither.  What he does do is roll down the window and spit it outside the window along the highway.  I was in a state of shock, because to me I believed that I had just witnessed my husband commit the crime of littering.  We've all seen the road signs Litter is UnlAWFUL!  I told Casey and my Dad who was also in the car, that I couldn't believe he had just littered!  Casey proceeds to tell me that disposing of one's gum while driving is not littering and that he wasn't littering, but giving the squirrels play-doh.  "Squirrel Play-doh?" WHAT?!  I tried to suggest that if squirrels or any other creature tried to eat gum, it would probably be much more difficult to digest and could be fatal.  I was merely told in response that squirrels know not to eat their play-doh.  So next time you see someone throw or spit their gum outside the car window while driving, maybe they are just giving the squirrels some play-doh:)

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment