Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Got Poop?

     So last Monday was an eventful milestone in the Hixon household when Caden pooped in my hand. Now I'm not talking about a little poop that one might get on your hand during a diaper change. We've been there and done that within the first month. Here is how it went down or should I say came out!
     I was upstairs with Caden by myself giving him a bath in his infant tub. Within 2 minutes of setting him in the tub, little mister pees!  I couldn't bathe him in his own pee, so I got him out and refilled the water. Get Caden back in the tub for Round 2 and within another minute, yours truly decides now is the time to poop! This required additional parental assistance. I called Casey to help and he took care of changing the water for us. Now Round 3 of new bath water starts and within about a minute the little guy decides he was not done and poops some more!  As Casey is changing out the bath water and I am holding this sweet naked baby with one of my hands under this teeny tiny hiney, Caden finishes what he started and poops in my hand. 
    It was a very special moment, one I wish he might have shared with his Daddy, but perhaps his turn is further down the road. The bath water has now been replaced 4 times. You would think this child is avoiding a bath, but this Momma is determined to bathe her baby!! So after thoroughly cleaning my hand, Caden finally got bathed in clean water!!
     Thanks for the memory sweet boy!!!
                                         



"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment