Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

   This lovely day of love was busy for the Hixon house, but I'd say we all enjoyed it thoroughly!  It started off with this Momma getting to sleep in, which is always a welcomed treat.  Then my sweet baby boy walked into the bedroom to give me a single rose.  Melt my heart!  Caden and Casey went on from there to cook us pancakes for breakfast.  Yummy!!!  Everyone got some Valentine goodies that put smiles on their faces.
   I had to leave my boys for a few hours around lunch to help throw one of my very bestest friends a baby shower.  I'm so glad she was able to come down from Dallas so we could shower her and her little boy before he makes his arrival in March!  It's going to be amazing to see both of us being the mother little boys and I can't wait to see them playing together.  Excited to meet you Forrest!
   After the baby shower was completed, I swung by Double Dave's Pizza to get some pizza and pepperoni rolls for our dinner.  I had told Casey awhile back that I did not want to go out to any restuarant the entire weekend.  Last year when Valentine's was on a Friday, we went out the day after and still waited a couple of hours, so I did not want to repeat that again.  Since calories don't count on Valentine's (humor me), we indulged in some Double Dave's and then once Caden was in bed, enjoyed some s'mores on our fire pit in the backyard.
   It was a busy, but low key day. It was perfect.  Love my boys and each day I feel blessed to have them in my life.  Here's to making each day filled with love!!!

Caden helping Daddy cook breakfast

So happy to help in all the action!

Valentine presents for all!

One of my handsome Valentines hard at work
 
My beautiful BFF Laura

Best friends from birth

My little Valentine showing off his
muscles to all the ladies!

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment