Sunday, July 26, 2015

4th of July Fun!

Little late to be posting about our Independence Day weekend, but I think we all know by now that I usually operate a few weeks behind schedule!!  With another baby on the way, I don't see that improving either!!  It was so nice to have the 4th on Saturday, which meant Casey had Friday off. That also happened to be my Mom's birthday, so we had my family over to our house for dinner and dessert.  Then on Saturday, we went over to our next door neighbor's house for their party.  Caden got to go swimming with Casey for the first time and let me say this child was a completely different child from the one I've taken to the pool this summer.
   He let him hold as they moved around the pool and didn't really squirm or fuss at all.  When I've taken him, he wants out of my arms after a few seconds and is constantly hopping in and out of the pool.  Needless to say, Caden was in heaven with his Daddy (aka his best buddy) in the water!  He had the biggest smile on his face pretty much the entire time!  Needless to say, Caden and I might stick to splash pads for the rest of the summer, but we'll see.  Thankfully after swimming for an hour, it was no problem at all putting him to bed and he slept through all the fireworks that went off right outside our house, which impressed everyone!!  Thank goodness for video baby monitors, which allowed Casey and I to go outside to watch the fireworks while still keeping an eye on our little guy.
   A late night for Casey and I, but overall a fun, family weekend together!!!
This baby loves the water!!
'

So happy to be with his Daddy
Caden's 1st Shaved Ice!  He liked it, but was more
interested in exploring his surroundings

"Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name." Psalm 103:1

No comments:

Post a Comment