Friday, June 19, 2015

My Ode to Baby Wipes

For the end of April, the entire month of May, and first half of June our sweet little boy has been battling a bad yeast infection.  Most of this time Caden hasn't seemed bothered by it, which is good. Treatment for it is to put a prescription cream (Nyastatin) on him 4 times a day.   Doesn't sound that bad right?!  Wait for the kicker, you can't use baby wipes!  Ugh!!!  Apparently, there is something in the baby wipes that won't kill the yeast, so you have to use wet paper towels.  Caden has had a couple of these in the past (seems after a round of antibiotics, yeast infections are not uncommon), but after maybe a couple days use of the Nyastatin, it clears right up.  For some reason, this time around has taken way longer.
     You can't just leave your bag of wipes in the diaper bag, but have to make sure that you pack a bag of wet paper towels, which aren't as easy to pull out as wipes.  With pregnancy brain, having something else to remember is not ideal either.  Having said all this, I have come to appreciate the baby wipe, so here is my ode I have written:

Yeast o yeast, you are a beast!
I don't like dealing with you in the least.
Baby wipes you are the best.
Having to use wet paper towels for the past month I do detest.
So whenever you see a baby wipe please be in awe
For they truly are one of the many gifts from God.

I look forward to the day when I can actually use the baby wipes in my diaper bag, but I'm honestly somewhat hesitant because I don't want to start this saga all over again.  There are worse problems though, so we'll keep on trucking!


"The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride."  Ecclesiastes 7:8

No comments:

Post a Comment