Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Low Down on the Pregnancy with Hixon baby #2 So Far

4 wks. with Hixon Baby #2
12 wks. with Hixon Baby #2
When I was pregnant with Caden, I took pictures each month to see how both he and I were growing.  As a #2 child myself, I'm trying very hard to follow (as close as I can) the same things I did with my first pregnancy, so child #2 doesn't feel slighted.  So very sorry Hixon baby #2, but there is no picture at 8 weeks because from starting at about 5 weeks, I have felt AWFUL ALL DAY LONG AND EVERY DAY!  With Caden I experienced the tiredness and morning sickness/nausea periodically in the day (which didn't even start till about 8 wks.), but as long as I ate something, it went away and I was okay.  This time around is a completely different story!
   Right at 5 weeks, the nausea hit me like a ton of bricks and would pretty much last the entire day.  I was eating anything and everything to try to see what would help, which made that number on the scale go up faster than I wanted too.  One day it would seem like one thing would help,but the next day it would make me even more nauseated.  This did wonders for our grocery and eating out bills let me tell you!  Even when I ate sometimes, the nausea would not subside.  I couldn't figure out a way to win, which was frustrating.  I tried supplements (which didn't seem to help that much) and my sweet best friend sent me some Preggie Pops (those did help some while I had one in my mouth, but no really lasting effects).  Since there are all these ads on the TV these days about Zofran causing birth defects, my doctor didn't want to give me any prescription stuff since I was still eating and gaining weight, so it's been pretty much survival and endurance mode.  Casey was a saint I must say, cooking dinner when he came home, playing with Caden, and making sure I was taken care of too. It's been challenging this 1st trimester, but I feel like the past few days it seems to be getting better. Evenings are usually hard for me, but the mornings and afternoon aren't as bad as long as I eat ever so often.  I hope I didn't just jinx it by putting it in writing.  This brings me hope as I near the end of the 1st trimester, that this nausea is fading and will not last the whole pregnancy! Thank goodness!!!
   Since this pregnancy has been so different from Caden's so far, could Hixon baby #2 be a girl? Possibly.  Maybe it's another boy who wants me to make sure I know that he's his own person and not the same as his big brother.  Message received little one and don't worry, I will remember your pregnancy as well!  We'll have to wait about 7ish more weeks before we find out the gender, but I know God will give us what we need!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment