Thursday, March 10, 2016

A VERY simple Christmas


   Maybe March is too late to blog about Christmas?  Oh well, here we go.  Christmas 2015 was a VERY low key and simple Christmas for the Hixon house.  With Molly being born 3 weeks before Christmas, you would think that I would plan ahead and have all my shopping done beforehand since I knew that we would have a new baby right before Christmas.  Not so much.  I was distracted by our adorable toddler and trying to get ready for our sweet girl, that it just never happened.
  So once Molly arrived, I just kept putting Christmas preparations off.  The only gifts under the tree until 3 days before Christmas were gifts for Caden and Molly from Casey's co-worker.  Thankfully, the kiddos were young enough to not really care about a ton of Christmas decorations or presents.  When I couldn't put it off any longer, I then found myself asking "What in the world do I get for Caden and Molly?"  Caden whose birthday was November 18th got more than enough toys and clothes, so what was there left to get the kiddo that I had not already told grandparents and aunts/uncles to get him?  Obviously, my creativity was not functioning at a high level with a newborn, but I didn't want to not to anything for them.  It was Molly's first Christmas after all.  At the same time, I also thought about what the true meaning of Christmas is about: celebrating the birth of Jesus.  While some presents aren't bad, I really didn't need to go overboard.  Santa ending up bringing  Caden a tee pee tent that he loves to draw in and Molly s this little teether blanket.  Their parents managed to get them both a few small things complete with goldish for Caden in his stocking and Molly a little toy (like I keep saying it was very simple).  While our Christmas was very, very simple, it was still very nice to spend time with each other and our loved ones.  Next year, I plan to be more on the ball with my Christmas shopping.  Though next year I will have Molly's 1st birthday to plan (sad to think of that for our sweet girl).    Here are some photos from our holidays:

A new Veggie Tales for Caden from his parents

Molly's Christmas presents

He loves his teepee


Caden 2015                                                                  Molly 2016

Our sweet babues!

Hixon Family 2016

Molly and her cousin Olivia who are 2.5 wks. apart in age
"In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."  Ephesians 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment