Saturday, March 5, 2016

Molly Elizabeth Hixon's Entrance Into The World

   Miss Molly's entrance to the world has some similarities to her big brother's, but she also had plenty of differences to make it her own story.  With Caden, my water broke at 39 wks at only 1 cm dilated (which I was for a couple weeks at least) and no obvious signs that labor was near.  Molly was WAY more active inside the womb than Caden, so I thought with that and the fact that this was my second baby so my body knew what to do, that Molly would come early too. Wrong!  I was even dilated and effaced more at this point in the pregnancy with Molly too.
   At 37 wks, I was ready for her to be here and not be pregnant because I was so uncomfortable.  This time around, I was much more honest and open about this opinion too.  At my doctor appt the following week, my doctor just mentioned talking about induction at the next appt if not much progress had been made.  I remembered thinking (and hoping) that it wouldn't be necessary and she would come on her own.  Then a part of me felt guilty for even considering it just because I was a little uncomfortable (truthfully, I was a lot uncomfortable) and didn't want to risk forcing Molly out when she wasn't ready.  After enduring another week of uncomfortability that I felt was worse without really any progress and talking it over with my doctor, the word induction had a much more positive meaning.
   When I went in for my 39 wk. appt at the doctor without really any improvement, I scheduled our induction for Friday.  Thankful that my doctor was on call that day so I was ensured that she would deliver Molly too!  After you go on this long journey together, you really hate to have someone else bring your baby into this world.  Plus, I absolutely love my OB/GYN doctor and I wanted her to deliver Molly just as she did Caden.
   Casey and I reported to the hospital just before 6:00AM and by 7:30 I was hooked up to the IV's and we were on our way to bringing our sweet girl into the world.  My doctor came by not too long after that to break my water, which isn't the most comfortable thing ever, but neither are contractions.  Based on where I was at when I came in that morning, my doctor estimated Molly to be here around 2ish.  Just like with Caden, things seemed to start out slow.  Neither one of them liked too much Petocin, but too little was not enough to help keep the contractions regular.
   My epidermal this time totally numbed me! Awesome, right?!  With Caden I remember I didn't feel contractions, but I could still have some feeling in my legs, they just felt like these heavy sand bags.   With Molly's birth, I could feel absolutely nothing!  They would move my legs and I was literally helpless to help, but the nurses were wonderful and helped me out.  It seemed like I was stalled at 6 1/2 cm, so I told Casey he could go get some lunch.  Just like Caden, things seem to happen when he leaves!  Sure enough, the nurse asked if I felt any pressure, which I hadn't all morning, and checked me to see if I had made any more progress.  She looks up and says, "I see the hair on your baby's head!".  What?!  My doctor went to grab lunch too and was about 8 minnutes out, so the nurse then tells me to try not  to push until both Casey and the doctor could get there.  Since I could feel nothing, this was a difficult task.  I'm texting Casey and both our parents to tell him to get back to the room.   Thankfully both he and the doctor got there before our sweet girl came.  For Caden, I only had to push for like 20 minutes and he was here, so I was hoping to do about the same this second time.  Miss Molly was ready to come because after only 5 minutes of pushing, our beautiful baby girl made her entrance into this world at 12:55 PM on December 4th, 2015 weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz. and measuring 19 1/2 inches long.

Molly & I at 39 wks. 4 days
Introducing Molly Elizabeth Hixon!

Daddy and his little girl!
Big brother meeting his baby for the 1st time.
I LOVE my babies!
LOVE seeing her name and thinking of her
amazing great grandmothers we named her after!

Ready to go home! (once we're buckled in of course!)
"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well."  1 John 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment